Part of the Digital Automation Intelligence Suite, Eggplant Network is a powerful network emulator that makes it easy to test your mobile, browser, or client-server application under different network conditions. Sitting between the test application and the network, Eggplant Network integrates seamlessly with Eggplant Functional and Eggplant Performance to help you increase your testing accuracy and effectiveness.
Easy to use
Create and execute effective network, functional, and performance tests — no matter what your level of network knowledge.
- Define networks at the user level (fast LAN or slow 3G) or at the protocol level (eight percent packet loss on a Poisson distribution), depending on your expertise and requirements.
- Use drag-and-drop actions to quickly build and customize a chronological network experience with two or more emulations and scenarios.
- Use the add-on Profiler to gather the characteristics of any network and pass it on to Eggplant Network for an exact emulation of your target network.
Join network simulations together using built-in scenarios and transitions (e.g., a train journey that mirrors Wi-Fi to 3G to 2G to outages).
- Emulate any network, from LAN to cellular to satellite, as well as bandwidth, latency, packet loss reordering, and jitter.
- Enable up to 20 different networks in one appliance to simultaneously test your app over 3G, 100Mbps, LAN, and 18 other network configurations.
- Link speeds to 1 Gbps.
- Combine a WAN and last-hop emulation (e.g., a transatlantic MPLS, then 3G) to more deeply analyze application behavior.
- Control and align your tests to what’s happening in Eggplant Functional via API capabilities (e.g., introduce a bad network into a test scenario just when a user commits their shopping cart).
Ensure your application delivers an excellent user experience, functions correctly, and takes full advantage of available resources on different networks.
- Test your app under loads of different conditions.
- Achieve repeatable network emulation for efficient debugging — no more intermittent network issues.
Enhance functional and performance testing
Carry out automated or manual test cases
Use preconfigured, measurable, and repeatable emulations
Set up easily without configuration
Emulate LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, and more