Don’t Be the Bottleneck
Testing is rarely a one-and-done exercise. The rise of agile and DevOps modes of working requires continuous releases — and continuous testing. To keep pace with DevOps, you have to streamline software testing. Which means automating and parallelizing as much of your testing as possible — because time to market is critical for the business. But you also need to ensure high quality, great performance, and an exceptional UX, despite the ever-shrinking window to get an app out there.
In many use cases, software testing is so continuous that it’s becoming synonymous with monitoring. You can perform tests continuously on a running application in production to monitor its performance and functionality, not just to test it prior to production. For example, to provide geographically distributed users with a first-rate UX, a telecommunications company might continuously run tests on a mobile application in production from different locations to ensure that UX elements, including reliable network and application responsiveness, are performing at the highest levels.
To make this happen, testing teams need to:
- Automate as much of the test process as possible — including not just test execution but test creation and test-result analysis.
- Easily, and even automatically, modify these tests as new application releases evolve.
- Parallelize as many of the automated tests as possible to squeeze testing into the shortest possible time frame.
- Run these types of tests continuously and turn them into a form of continuous monitoring.
- Test across different OS and browser combinations.
Test Early, Test Often, Test Faster, and Automate
Our Digital Automation Intelligence Suite empowers your QA teams to test better, faster, and more efficiently, so they can keep up with the pace of DevOps and delight customers.
- Integrate artificial intelligence and machine learning. Use Eggplant AI to auto-generate test cases, optimize test execution to find bugs, and get broad coverage of the UX by testing the full range of potential user journeys.
- Incorporate scriptless testing. Play to the strengths of your teams with scriptless test creation and record and playback features that offer a different automation approach, while preserving your manual workflow.
- Validate the full UX. Use Eggplant Functional and Eggplant Performance to quickly and easily create test scripts that validate functional, performance, and usability testing. Any app on any platform, as well as the interaction of devices and software.
- Keep pace with DevOps. Use highly productive, robust, low-maintenance scripting that’s four- to seven-times faster than other automation tools.
- Future-proof your testing. Test any technology, faster, using technology-independent UI automation testing — no matter what tools your developers and testers are using now or in the future.
- Test from the user perspective. Run one script across all platforms, and test the full UX within your enterprise apps using advanced image search, and image and text recognition.