Gain a level of confidence you can't get anywhere else
Our Monitoring Insights solution uses the latest synthetic browser technology to perform frequent checks on your website, online service or app for accurate benchmarking and alerting. Test important user journeys or focus on key technology in your stack. Uniquely consistent, reliable testing and customized alerts mean you get results you can trust every time. So when you see a change in performance, an error or an outage, you’ll know it’s for real.
The result? A better online experience for your customers.
- Fully managed service: We build the scripts. We create the journeys. We’re there for you when you have a query or need training. Our customers consistently tell us that they get far better support from us than they do from other services. We also offer a managed monitoring service to help you get maximum insight from your data.
- Accurate, customizable alerting: Getting false alerts from your current monitoring provider? Our stable platform and unique double testing methodology (we always retest before sending you an alert) ensure that you get only accurate, relevant alerts.
- Dynamic user journeys: Monitor any user journey through your website. Whether it’s booking a holiday, buying insurance or applying for a job, we’ll help you ensure that your key processes are functioning. All our scripts are all built by expert engineers, who can achieve greater robustness and complexity than any script recorder.
- Consistent, repeatable testing: We test 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, at frequencies as low as every minute. Each test is throttled to simulate the end user connection speed. We also use carefully selected ISPs, including tier 1 providers, so results are not affected by individual ISP slowdowns or fluctuations in exchange performance.
- The end user’s perspective: We behave like a real visitor, browsing your site from outside your firewall, giving you useful insight into the experience it delivers.
- Smartphone and tablet emulation: We can test your mobile site or see how your responsive site performs on mobile. We don’t just emulate the device, but also the network conditions to more accurately represent mobile performance.
- APM integration: We’ve worked with a variety of application performance management (APM) tools, which can be integrated with our monitoring solution, helping you pinpoint the source of any errors, outages, and slowdowns. This way you can combine the best APM solution with the best synthetic monitoring.
- Free mobile app: Get easy access to your monitors on the move.
- Interactive Dashboard: This optional add-on provides an overview of your monitors for big screens in operations centers.
How to get the most from monitoring
A range of video tutorials will help you get the best value from your monitoring service:
What to monitor?
Anything a customer can visit, we can test. We can also monitor any web-based application that's accessible through your firewall.
We'll tell you how consistently your website performs, with detailed speed analysis showing variations over time. So you can analyze how the time of day or week or load on your servers affects stability.
If your web service or API fails to deliver content to your app reliably, the app often can't function. Using a tailored version of our web services monitor to emulate the mobile client side connection, we can ensure your JSON or XML web service is available and performing as it should.
Third-party resources — API/web services
If you rely on third-party services, such as feeds, maps, or live updates, they need to be part of your monitoring strategy. After all, when they slow down or stop, it's your sales that suffer. Our performance monitoring solution can validate against standard XML schemas as well as deliver our usual level of reliable performance and availability data and alerting.
We can't transform the performance of your data center, but we can make sure you know when there's an issue. So you can fix the error before it brings down your whole site.
Our web server monitoring solution removes the noise from the rest of the internet, getting straight to the heart of issues caused by individual or multiple web farms. Through careful engineering, we can monitor the availability and performance of every server in the cluster as well as transactional flows, enabling badly performing servers or stacks to be identified easily and repaired or removed from the mix as necessary.
By manipulating host files or helping you to engineer load balancers, we can monitor most environments in addition to the live one. HTTP or NTLM Authentication, as well as IP-based security methods, can enable us to gain secure access, over HTTPS if necessary, to pre-production or staging environments.
Email is a business-critical application for most companies. Slowdowns or outages for just a few moments can have a real impact. We can help in two ways:
- Email tracker: We measure the performance of the complete journey of an email by delivering an email to your servers that is auto forwarded back to us. We can check that all parts of the system are working and deliver metrics that enable you to track down any problems.
- Message monitor: Track messages generated by a variety of activities on your website. A record is generated as soon as the message is sent and we then track how long it takes for it to arrive.
Are you behind your key competitors when it comes to performance and availability?
- Competitor site monitoring: You nominate the competitor websites for availability and download speed monitoring. We'll report on your performance against these competitors.
- eKPIs and benchmarks: Get the performance data the business needs without the detail of the operational monitoring. Our eKPIs package allows you to apply benchmarks to your monitoring. For example, we can let you know straight away if you've slipped off Google's front page for your target search term, and if your closest competitor leapfrogs you in the rankings. To save you time, a monthly report that shows how the biggest names in your sector are performing online, will go straight to your inbox according to the schedule you nominate.
Even if you don't deliberately market abroad, most businesses get traffic from all over the world. If your stats tell you this traffic is significant, it's important to maintain the quality of service for your users on the other side of the globe. While you can't do much about transcontinental network performance slowing down your site, there comes a time when you need to make strategic decisions regarding CDNs, local hosting or customized sites. Our international monitoring gives you the information you need to make those decisions. By deploying strategic, international monitoring locations around the globe and gathering performance trend data, we can provide the assurance that you're delivering the best possible service to your international visitors.
Service level agreements
This special variant of page testing performs downloads of key content once every minute. The data collected is then carefully crafted into specific reports for the purposes of reviewing any existing service level agreements or guarantees.
The independence of Eggplant and the data we collect will be invaluable when policing service delivery with any third party, whether they're hosting or bandwidth providers, affiliates, or your customers.
See Eggplant in action
Whatever your web performance problem, we’ll help you solve it.